I didn’t want to get down in the muck and politic for votes in the ABA Blawg 100 vanity contest, but the China Law Blog has apparently been stuffing the ballot box in the “regional” category that we’re both in. And L.A. Legal Pad is right there in the mix.
I know that personal injury law fans won’t let this outrage stand, me being in second place and all that, but if you were on the fence as to who to vote for, or how many times to vote, then here are the Top 10 Reasons To Vote For the NY PI Law Blog.
(The South Florida Lawyers Blog and the Texas-based Tex Parte Blog are also nominated in the regional category, but either they haven’t figured out how to stuff the ballot box, or inspire their readership, leaving them in the dust.)
10. I’m offering everyone world peace if I win. Plus a toaster. China Law Blog is offering everyone a half-eaten, food-poisoned, jelly donut, sent to you on a slow boat from you-know-where;
9. I heard that L.A. Legal Pad spent $150,000 for its wardrobe. Do you really want to support that kind of spending?
8. That’s my dog Tucker. A vote for me is a vote for the puppy. Do you want to say no to that face?
7. Tucker can bark Alice’s Restaurant. In four part harmony. With feeling;
6. I’m only 21% evil, far below the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s 65% evil limit for my kind;
5. Jewish lawyers in New York are rare. Please support the species;
4. Rumor has it the China Law Blog is employing child labor to vote, in clear violation of local employment and election laws;
And the #1 reason to vote for the NY PI Blog:
1. If you can’t trust Paris for an unbiased opinion of law blogs, who can you trust?
(Graphic credit: Dan Turkewitz)